The 7th National Open Science Conference (AB2019) and OpenAIRE Advance Project Workshop will be held in Ege University Atatürk Culture Center, Konak, İzmir between 19-20 November 2019, hosted by İzmir Institute of Technology in collaboration with Hacettepe University, Council of Higher Education (YÖK) and The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (TÜBİTAK).
“Sustainable Open Science and Equity in Open Knowledge” is the main theme of 7th Open Science Conference and OpenAIRE Advance Project Workshop which aims to raise awareness of open access, open science, and open data; to support open science policy, strategy, legislation, infrastructure and services in Turkey being compatible with European Union (EU); to share information about the activities carried out and planned by YÖK and TÜBİTAK; and to evaluate the present situation with all stakeholders. The European Union (EU) has developed the European Open Science Cloud and OpenAIRE services to easily access, store, share and reuse scientific information and research data within the framework of a digital single market strategy. Detailed information and developments on these issues will be shared during the meeting.
The conference, which will include experts and respected speakers in the field, will focus on the following topics:
- Necessary elements in transition to open science
- Policy, strategy, legislation, standards and software infrastructure required for open science applications
- New generation academic archives/repositories
- OpenAIRE services
- Open science in Turkey
- European Open Science Cloud (EOSC)
- Open Science, open data, open course materials
- Open innovation and scholarly communication
- Alternative publishing models
- New metrics for research and evaluating research results
- Scientifically more visible universities
All these initiatives aim to ensure equal access to information and data, to ensure the sustainability of open science, and to increase scientific and technological partnerships between the public and industrial sectors.
We invite all university rectors, academics, researchers, publishers, librarians, journal editors, research Office employees and representatives of funding organizations to attend AB2019 Conference.
Prof. Dr. Yusuf Baran
İzmir Institute of Technology